You Are Not Alone.
Whether you are facing a forced marriage, are already in one, or are trying to help a friend – you are not alone. There is help.
- If you need help right now, click the Emergency Help button above and call someone on the list.
- If you don’t want anyone to know you’ve visited this page, click the Covering Your Tracks button above and follow the directions.
- If you need to hide the website suddenly, click the Hide Site Now button above.
When you have some time to spend with us:
- Check out the Profiles in Courage section for true stories of survivors who have been faced with a forced marriage and have gone on to have wonderful lives
- Share your thoughts, ideas, experiences and art with us
- Have Your Say lets you give us your thoughts and ideas about making the website a more helpful place for everyone
- How to Start a Conversation with Your Parents lets you share anonymously what has worked and what hasn’t worked for you in your situation
- Share Your Art is a place for you to share anonymously – or otherwise – the paintings, writing, music or short videos that you have created about forced marriage.
- Take a look at the Resources section for books, plays, music, film, and even academic articles that you can explore to learn more about forced marriage and the experiences of others who have been forced into marriage.
- Create a Circle of Support with your friends and learn how you can Become Part of the Movement to End Forced Marriage in Canada, and around the world.